Be the Voice

 April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month. You may have noticed all of the blue pinwheels at the Bradford County Courthouse. These pinwheels are spinning to bring awareness. Let us all be the voice.

You told me
I was nothing
At all.
Stole my voice
Before I could crawl.
As I grew,
Words as weapons
Pierced like knives.
Slammed against walls.
Veins like ice.
This home-
Never a home.
Walls built,
Safer alone.
You created for me
No safe spaces
To grow
To be.
You allowed
The demons and monsters
To follow me to bed.
Now all this trauma
Lives in my head.
Those scars
Cannot be seen.
I cried for help,
Neighbors didn't care.
They said they were unaware-
When flashing lights
Filled the scene...
Fill in the blanks
You know what I mean.
We must observe.
We must care.
We must take action-
So these children 
Do not bear,
The burdens that come
From abuse.
©ChristineLantz




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A softball State of mind

The Wait is over

Postcard Project