This is an all skate!

How many of you have the childhood/teenage memories of endless laps around the skating rink, sharing a slushy with your bestie or childhood sweetheart? I do!

When I heard about an adult 80's skate at Bonin's Roller Rink, I had to go! I was able to pull together an outfit consisting of my vintage Poison T-shirt, some acid-washed jeans, Prom Promise hat, Umbro jacket, and Kangaroo sneakers (anyone else get your lunch money stuck in the pocket?) and was off to the rink!


Stepping through the doors was like being transported back in time. Not much had changed. There were video games to play and the disco ball was lit!





I found myself sitting back and smiling as an older couple glided around the rink holding hands, effortless in their rhythm. It was heart warming and I thought, life goals! Maybe not to be skating with my husband, but just to be happy in each other's company... doing something we enjoy! May we all have that connection with someone at some point in our lives. It truly was a beautiful sight.

I heard that adult skating may be added to the rink's lineup. Be on the lookout if you are a skater!!


Follow me on Facebook

View my photos

Check out my FineArt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A softball State of mind

The Wait is over

Postcard Project