Emotional Depths

Trying to navigate through emotions can be quite the ordeal. Some days are hard, others harder. We all are battling thoughts each and every day. I have always found that writing and journaling are helpful. At times I abandoned these things as life gets busy. I have decided to share some of my thoughts as of recent. Maybe you are steering your boat through rough waters too. We can paddle this thing together. What helps you when you need a break from the world? Whatever it is, be sure to find time to do it. Today, find one thing that makes you happy and brings you joy. Then do it. After that be sure to allow yourself the time to feel the joy. 

Here's a recent writing of mine: 

Jumped into the abyss 
With no ripples 
No splash 
No evidence for others 
To know 
Just how far I'd fallen 
How far I would go 
Deep into the darkness 
Gripping water 
Gets you nowhere 
Drowning in situations 
That should not even be there 
Mind conjuring battles 
That need no crowned victors 
Fighting a face in the mirror 
Covered by waves of deception 
Wash over me 
This cycle of swimming 
Laps in the darkness 
Bring sparkling light 
Chasing sharks 
From their bullied bite 
Chomp the problems 
Not the perceptions 
Find solutions 
To the well of worries 
Bring the bucket 
Up with pennies 
Useless wishes 
Imaginary enemies 
Make peace 
With mindful memories 
Move from the depths 
Into shallow waters 
Escape the tides 
Flopped on a shore 
Like stranded starfish 
Make a wish 
Back to the sea 
Taken by under current 
Where the darkness 
Again 
Gobbles 
 Me
If you were struck by any of the words above please check out my collaboration book called Fragments and Fears; A Cocoon of Scars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hope for the Holidays

There's No Place Like Home

Battling Reflections