The Cars in Bart's Backyard

It's funny how you can be at a place so many times and yet never really see what's there... One reason I love photography is that it allows you to really look and see!  I spent a lot of time at my friend's father's house as a teen and still. He is a car guy. He has a lot of (as he calls it) money in the bank. Some see that "money in the bank" as junk, but I see it as something interesting for my lens to look at. While some friends and I were gathered at Bart's house catching up and visiting, the camera twins united and went out to photograph! I love how old rusted, abandoned vehicles look. There's always so much character and memories wrapped up in those rides. So I will leave you with some photos of the cars in Bart's backyard...

I also stepped a bit out of my box with these photos. I generally stick to what you see is what you get, and do very little in editing with filters and such. I have been experimenting more and more with PicMonkey and what you see below is the fun I had with their free service of filters and effects.


These forget-me-nots caught my eye as they looked like they were sitting on this metal chair throne!

This is my scribble photo. You could color in areas you didn't want B&W.




This is my favorite. I loved the pattern of rust and peeling paint. This effect made me think of an old polaroid.
Moving through the time that is standing still...

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A softball State of mind

The Wait is over

Postcard Project