Stalkers

It's the time right now that farmers in the area are cutting down their corn stalks. Sometimes the stalks are left in groups or singles, and one day on my way to work I noticed a particularly amusing grouping. There were three stalks positioned in the back while one lonely stalk was in the front. It seemed to me that the back row could have been poking fun, joking on or stalking that one straggly corn stalk. I thought to myself, hmmm.... stalkers!! That play on words cracked me up. I decided I needed to try to capture this image in my head. Although, in my head they appeared as more of cartoon characters than real life corn stalks. I drove by the field numerous times taking note of lighting and positioning so that if I had a chance to photograph I could do it quickly. It was days away from my next availability to photo and I kept watch over them day by day. The day arrived and of course, it was raining!! The next day I drove by, the rain had knocked over my subjects. I kept watch over the fields and again found some stalkers. I wasted no time and went to capture the image in my head that grabbed me. Here are some photos of what I captured. I believe what is in my head is funnier and more clear than what I really ended up with. Anyway enjoy my rendition of "Stalkers"




















These remind me of the eyes in The Labyrinth.


This was just a small glimpse into my creative mind. I do believe that artist John R could depict exactly what I have in my head, but since I am no painter this is the closest thing I have.

There are a few mushroom and fungus photos just because they were hanging around.

The Labyrinth is one of my favorite movies and the scene with the eyes remind me of the one grouping of fungus!

Stalking can be a very dangerous and scary deal, if in the event you are being stalked here are some resources
Stalking Resource Center
A Secure Life
CBS News

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A softball State of mind

The Wait is over

Postcard Project