Art, Butterflies and a Tiny House

I always welcome a good, random road trip. When a friend of mine contacted me and asked if I wanted to go to Boston, the reply was a quick yes. After figuring out scheduling and making the arrangements, the trip was on. We headed out on a Friday after work and arrived in Boston very early in the morning Saturday. The view from the hotel was amazing!





























Seeing the view from the top floor who could sleep?? I was busy hanging my camera out of the window to get this shot!!
After a few hours sleep we grabbed some food and were off to start our day of fun in Boston. The first stop was The Museum of Fine Art. I was thrilled to see a piece by Dale Chihuly.






























The museum had this fun photo op spot! It made me smile as I stepped in for a pic and just like that I became a part of the painting.


After spending a few hours looking at art and grabbing some food at the cafe we ventured over to Walden Pond to check out where Henry David Thoreau spent some time to reflect and write. Upon seeing the cabin he lived in I decided Thoreau was the master of Tiny House living!


The gift shop did it's part to fill me philosophically... as I walked away with a couple of books. 
After a day packed with so much activity we welcomed being back at the hotel for some rest.
After hearing about a special Pixar exhibit at the Museum of Science we decided that needed to be our next stop. There was a quick movie to watch before entering the hands on portion of the exhibit. What a great way for kids of all ages to learn about computer animation and the movie making process





 The section on rendering interested me the most. It's amazing how a frame of a movie takes so many hours to look the way you see it in a movie. It was a fantastic showing of the complete process of what it takes from the idea to the screen. There were hands on displays for everything from lighting to sets and cameras and modeling. There was a robot on hand to show how to create depth of field.



  Once we had our movie fill we headed up to the butterfly garden. I took many photos of the butterflies.



 You can view more of my Butterfly Collection on Etsy.

The whirlwind trip to Boston was a great time and I highly recommend the Museum of Science.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A softball State of mind

The Wait is over

Postcard Project